DESIGNER RECO CHAPPLE GETS INSPIRED AT THE STELLAR AWARDS


Contestant on Bravo's The Fashion Show appreciates gospel music and fashion

Designer Reco Chapple was doubly inspired when he attended The Stellar Awards last week – by the fashion and the music.

“ Gospel, it always inspired me to get my juices flowing and get my day going.” Said the Chattanooga, TN native, whose all-time favorite gospel artist is Smokie Norful, Male Volcalist of the Year winner.

Chapple also came to the award show to pull a page from the gospel industry fashion book.

“I wanted to see what everyone was wearing to give me a new direction on where I want t take my career. In the gospel industry they love glitz, they love glamour, they love being over the top ad that is so much my style,” admits the designer.

As the lone African American designer on season 1 of Bravo’s the Fashion Show, Chappele’s “over-the-top” vision of style landed him the honor of fourth place finalist. The Chattanooga, TN resident is the owner of The House of Chapple based in Atlanta. View the video below to see who he thinks are the best dressed in gospel.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxg9wMaKr6M

Popular Posts