David Beckham announces retirement

buzzz worthy. . .

International soccer star, David Beckham is retiring from the sport at the height of his career.  The Brit has played on both sides of the world, starting in  "Bloody Old England." Beckham has been a leading mid-fielder in Spain, in the US with the Los Angeles Galaxy and currently blazes fields in France with  Paris St. Germain (P.S.G.) where he departs with a Championship League title.  Beckham, 38, said in a statement that he will play his final game this season and is most proud of representing his country : “If you had told me as a young boy I would have played for and won trophies with my boyhood club Manchester United, proudly captained and played for my country over one hundred times and lined up for some of the biggest clubs in the world, I would have told you it was a fantasy,”Beckham said in a statement. “I’m fortunate to have realized those dreams.”




Beckham played in over 100 games in  England and represented his country in three World Cups games  (1998, 2002, 2006).

His dreams surpassed the field with a pop star wife by his side and marketing that put his face all over the globe with sports, fashion and fragrance brands.

“I’m thankful to P.S.G. for giving me the opportunity to continue, but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level,” Beckham said in a statement Thursday.

Popular Posts