Ooops! President Obama gaffes British Chancellor's name

buzzz worthy. . .

While in Europe last week for the G8 Summit, the President had an awkward moment.  

He gaffed British Chancellor George Osbourne's name three times.  During a speech in which he was complementing Osbourne Obama mistakenly referred to him as R&B singer Jefferey Osborne.  The Chancellor laughed off the embarrassing situation, while the singer was reportedly glad to know the president is apparently a fan.

Appearing on the BBC’s Andrew Marr show on Sunday morning, Chancellor Osborne said: ‘It’s nice to be on first name terms with the president of the United States, even if he sometimes gets the name wrong, that’s the way I look at it.’

Jeffrey Osbourne responded, "I was really delighted, actually. I was really not aware that he [Obama] was that much of a fan that he would call the chancellor Jeffrey Osborne."  The singer suggested that he and the British leader do a duet of his 80's hit, "On the Wings of Love."

That would only happen on a wing in a prayer because the unphased Brit said, "He asked me to do a duet but sadly I can’t sing. He then asked me for a game of golf but I can’t play golf. It’s not going very well this new friendship."

This is one of many times President Obama has lost his cool, having had mishaps in various political settings over the years.  

Popular Posts