UPDATE: Walmart alleges Tracy Morgan was not wearing a seat belt during the crash with company vehicle

buzzz worthy. . .

According to Attorney Benedict Morelli, the future of Comedian Tracy Morgan is uncertain. Morgan sustained a debilitating brain injury during the June automobile crash that rendered him wheel chair bound.  Adding insult to injury, in response to Morgan's lawsuit, Walmart is placing blame on the star alleging he was not wearing a seat belt when a company truck collided with the limo he was in during a crash on the New Jersey turnpike.

 A Walmart driver hit the vehicle  Morgan and a group of friends were riding in, killing fellow comedian James “Jimmy Mack” McNair.


“After I heard what Walmart said in court I felt I had to speak out,” Morgan said in a statement. “I can’t believe Walmart is blaming me for an accident that they caused. My friends and I were doing nothing wrong. I want to thank my fans for sticking with me during this difficult time.”


Up until this point the retail giant gave the impression it would cooperate in satisfying damages. They  also released another statement about their position on the matter: “As part of the ordinary course of legal proceedings, Walmart filed an initial response yesterday to the lawsuit that included facts and defenses that may impact the case moving forward. While we were required to respond to the lawsuit, we have also taken steps to encourage settlement discussions. Our thoughts continue to go out to everyone involved, and we remain committed to doing what’s right."

Will Morgan ever perform again is the lingering question?  Morelli said the recovery process is slow and "the jury is still out" on his client's future as an entertainer.

Popular Posts