Schock to resign over abuse of funds scandal

buzzz worthy. . .



Illinois Republican Congressman Aaron Sckock is facing the same demons Jesse Jackson, Jr. encountered over a year ago.  On Tuesday, March 17 amid accusations of misusing campaign and congressional funds, Schock announced he will be resigning from the House effective March 31.


Records reveal Schock billed $170 thousand to a government card that only had a credit limit of  $80 thousand.

"I do this with a heavy heart," reads the statement to Politico. "Serving the people of the 18th District is the highest and greatest honor I have had in my life. I thank them for their faith in electing me and letting me represent their interests in Washington. I have given them my all over the last six years. I have traveled to all corners of the District to meet with the people I’ve been fortunate to be able to call my friends and neighbors."

Schock has faced scrutiny in recent weeks over his alleged abuse of taxpayer funds for lavish trips, events and a controversial lush office redecoration in "Downtown Abbey" style.  Photos on his Facebook page depict a politician who was accustomed to the good life.  


House Speaker John Boehner reacted to the ordeal in a statement: “With this decision, Rep. Schock has put the best interests of his constituents and the House first. I appreciate Aaron’s years of service, and I wish him well in the future.”

This matter is under investigation by the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE). The OCE is an outside panel that reviews ethics complaints against House members and makes recommendations to the House Ethics Committee.

Popular Posts