Top Stories

Kim Jong Un is prepared for war with the U.S. The North Korean leader says he will continue missle testing despite requests to stop.
Multi-Grammy winner Keith Urban washonored at Grammys on the Hill inin Washington, DC for his commitment to music education in schools.
It supports captions, HTML elements and videos.

TITLE SNATCHED: Mayweather stripped of title won in Pacquio fight, breaks rules

buzzz worthy. . .



On Monday afternoon (July 6), Floyd Mayweather was stripped of the WBO title he won in the "fight of the century" against Manny Pacquiao earlier  this year. Immediately after the fight there were numerous biased claims that Mayweather did not deserve the title, but the WBO has found a reason that will stick.    Why? Because he did not  pay a required sanctioning  fee of $200,000 and failed to release two previously held junior middle weight titles, which is against the rules.

"The WBO world championship committee is allowed no other alternative but to cease to recognize Mr. Floyd Mayweather Jr. as the WBO welterweight champion of the world and vacate his title for failing to comply with our WBO regulations of world championship contests," the WBO wrote Monday in its resolution.   

Mayweather made over $220million in the Pacquiao fight and retains an undefeated record of 48-0. 

According to ESPN, initially Mayweather said he would vacate the welterweight titles in  question to
give younger fighters the chance to realize their dreams of winning belts.

"I don't know if it will be Monday [May 4] or maybe a couple weeks," Mayweather said in the post bought news conference. "I'll talk to my team and see what we need to do. Other fighters need a chance. Give other fighters a chance. I'm not greedy. I'm a world champion in two different weight classes. It's time to let other fighters fight for the belt."

Somehow Mayweather missed the deadlines to pay the sanctioning fee and relinquish the titles and must suffer the consequence of not owning the coveted title he claimed in the Pacquiao upset. 

A Mayweather rep said this decision has no impact on the fighter.


"It's a complete disgrace," Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe told ESPN.com. "Floyd will decide what, or if any, actions he will take. But in the meantime he's enjoying a couple of hundred million he made from his last outing and this has zero impact on anything he does.
Floyd Mayweather has a great deal of respect for each and every organization, as he has always had in his 19-year career, but he will not be dictated to by any organization or person as it relates to his decision making."