Trump 'defends' Christians instead of defending Obama over Muslim comment

buzzz worthy. . .

Both politicians and potential voters thought Donald Trump should have corrected a supporter at a recent rally who  referred to President Obama as a Muslim and made disparaging claims about the religious group. 

Instead of addressing the controversial comments on the spot, Trump finally responded in a series of tweets that have been combined here:

"Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so! This is the first time in my life that I have caused controversy by NOT saying something. If someone made a nasty or controversial statement about me to the president, do you really think he would come to my rescue? No chance! If I would have challenged the man, the media would have accused me of interfering with that man's right of free speech. A no win situation! Christians need support in our country (and around the world), their religious liberty is at stake! Obama has been horrible, I will be great."


President Obama being a Christian is a long-established fact. When he took the oath of office he laid his hand on two Bibles that belonged to known Christians, Martin Luther  King, Jr. and Abraham Lincoln.  Trump has had a history of questioning Obama's citizenship and religious affiliation.

Popular Posts