TV ONE'S NEWSONE NOW ANNOUNCES SPECIAL YEAR-END EXTENDED BROADCAST, THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 12-16, 7-9 A.M. ET
buzzz worthy. . .
NEWSONE NOW ANNOUNCES SPECIAL YEAR-END EXTENDED BROADCAST, THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 12-16, 7-9 A.M. ET
TV One's NewsOne Now, the only daily television news program dedicated to black viewers, is extending its broadcast an additional hour during the week of December 12-16. Hosted by veteran journalist and managing editor Roland S. Martin,
In addition, NewsOne Now will introduce "Wisdom from Next Generation Voices," a new, daily series on how African Americans need to move forward under a Trump presidency. The segment will feature panelists Brittany Packnett, vice president of national community alliances for Teach for America and co-founder of Campaign Zero; Tamika D. Mallory, a civil rights leader and anti-violence advocate; Carmen Perez, executive director and co-founder for The Gathering for Justice; and Rep. Alicia Reece (D-OH, 33rd District).
Taking part in NewsOne Now's ongoing panel throughout the week to discuss the news of the day and current events affecting the African American community will be a vast array of public affairs officers, politicians, lawyers, strategists, civil rights activists and more:
- A. Scott Bolden: Attorney/Former Chair, DC Democratic Party
- Eugene Craig, III: Vice Chairman, Maryland Republican Party
- Lauren Victoria Burke: Political Analyst/Writer, NBCBLK
- Angela Peoples: Director, GetEQUAL
- Gianno Caldwell: Sr. Contributor, Red Alert Politics
- Avis Jones DeWeever, Ph.D.: Author, How Exceptional Black Women Lead
- Spencer Overton: President, Joint Center For Political & Economic Studies
- Greg Carr, Ph.D.: Chair, Dept. of Afro-American Studies, Howard University
- Rina Shah Bharara: Republican Political Strategist
- Ralph Chittams, Sr.: Senior Vice Chairman, DC GOP
- Jamira Burley: National Deputy Millennial Voter Director for Hillary Clinton and Co-Founder, GenYNot
- Amber J. Phillips: Co-Director, BLACK
- Bill Fletcher, Jr.: Writer/Activist
- Karine Jean-Pierre: Senior Advisor/National Spokesperson, MoveOn.org
- Liz Copeland: Founding President, Urban Conservative Project, Inc.