LUCINDA MOORE ENJOYS HIGHEST CHART DEBUT WITH "BLESSED, BROKEN & GIVEN"

Lucinda Moore, who has done dynamic vocal cameos on recordings with Hezekiah Walker and Tramaine Hawkins, is celebrating a milestone. The 20-year music veteran best known for her 2006 breakthrough smash “Pressure Into Praise,” has just released her sophomore CD Blessed, Broken & Given (Tyscot Records). The album has debuted at #13 on Billboard’s Top Gospel Albums chart –her highest entry to date (Her prior self-titled CD peaked at #18 on the same chart in 2007). “Oh my God,” Moore said through tears when she heard news of the CD’s chart premiere. “I’m so happy. I’ve worked hard all of my life and been through so much but this makes it all feel worth the ups and downs. I’m grateful to my producer Jojo Hill and my Pastor Kevin A. Williams for their part in helping making this project happen.”


The first radio single “Blessed, Broken & Given” is currently among the Top 100 most played songs on gospel radio as Tyscot readies a second single, “Fire Baptized Medley,” for summer airplay. “This is my testimony of what God did for me,” Moore says of the CD’s title song, an inspiring ballad. “He’s blessed me with a voice but He had to break some things in me in order for me to be given to the nation.“


Moore splits her time between her native Connecticut and North Carolina where she moved to care for her ailing grandmother. It’s another chapter in a life filled with trials and tribulations. In her youth, Moore battled childhood abuse; depression over her father’s death, and a 16-year marriage to someone she says “never loved me.” However, Moore’s has been a comfort through the hard times. Even as she was preparing to record the new CD, she was dealing with a rough patch. “I was going through a divorce,” she says. “Emotionally I was a wreck.” She wrote songs for the project that would encourage others. “I’m doing it to help other people come out of what they are coming out of,” she explains. “You don’t have to be unhappy and sit in abuse… This is the happiest time of my adult life.” Visit www.lucindamoore.com or www.tyscot.com for more information

Popular Posts