James Fortune Brings New Label FIYA World Music Group to Light Records & eOne Entertainment


SR VP & General Manager of Light Records, James Robinson announced a marketing and distribution agreement with JAMES FORTUNE & FIYA, to bring his new label, FIYA World Music to Light Records and eOne Distribution. 

The three year deal, which was inked this week, includes the future recordings of James Fortune & FIYA as well as a number of other artists FIYA World Music is recording Under the terms of the agreement, Light Records will handle marketing and promotion while eOne will handle distribution.

Fortune & FIYA introduced themselves to the world with their debut CD YOU SURVIVED in 2005.  They amassed recognition in 2009, with the award winning song, “I Trust You,” from their sophomore release THE TRANSFORMATION.

“I am so grateful to Black Smoke Music and Kerry Douglas for all they’ve done for me … the platform they gave me was unbelievable and I will always be thankful to them,” said Fortune.  “For my family and me, I’ve decided it was time to create a new venture and to launch my own label, FIYA World Music Group with eOne Entertainment and Light Records. All my releases will be on my new label and I hope to give a platform to new artists, much like what was given to me.”  

“I respect the artists that are connected with Light, like Ricky Dillard, JJ Hairston and Dorinda Clark-Cole,” Fortune continued. “The eOne system has always been great to me. I am look forward to working with the entire team at Light Records.”

Robinson said, “I am very pleased that Light Records and eOne will be the home of James Fortune’s FIYA World Music Group.  I’m honored to be a part of his artistry and it is clear that James is in his God-given season and I am looking forward to a great future. We are confident the partnership will be a long-lasting and successful one.”

The first release from FIYA World Music will be a new James Fortune & FIYA album slated for early 2012.

Popular Posts