buzzz worthy. . .

Aretha Franklin’s Statement Regarding The False Story Of Cancelled Concert Date(s)

A false story appeared in the newspaper [Staten Island Advance] and the national press stating that I cancelled a concert at the Staten Island’s St. George Theatre.  This  is not true.  The Staten Island concert was never accepted.  It was reported that the "mouthpiece" or some false mouthpiece who was supposed to be speaking for me, reported that my "future performances were postponed for the foreseeable future." Nothing could be further from the truth.  My future concerts are confirmed and nothing has been cancelled.

If you should read in the newspaper(s) or [other media] that a concert date has cancelled, that date was never confirmed or accepted by me.  I suspect this is the work of a disgruntled former employee and/or agent that I am no longer working with.  My new agency is the International Creative Management (ICM) and my concerts are being handled by Steve Levine.

Popular Posts