Sara Jakes addresses being a teen mom in new book, "Lost & Found"

buzzz worthy. . .


By Mona Austin

By becoming a mom at the tender age of 14, Sarah Jakes shamed her family and was shunned by friends.  The reality of her pregnancy was especially painful considering her father, Bishop T.D. Jakes is one of the most recognized spiritual leaders in the world.


In an appearance on "Good Morning Dallas" Sara addressed how she "found" herself.   "I think that when I had my son at such an early age, that I dealt with a lot of shame and pressure, I found myself in bad relationships just constantly giving myself away. As I really desired to live my life for God, I found those pieces that I gave away and I learned to love myself again."

The 25-year-old mother of two also talked to Kathy Lee and Hoda about her new memoir, "Lost and Found" on Today. She said out of the respect for the father of her 11-year-old son she has never released his name and wanted the book to be solely about her journey.

Ms. Jakes had a daughter (now age 4) from her union with NFL baller Robert Henson that ended in divorce. The biography is intended to reach anyone whose past is weighing them down.  "Lost & Found;" Finding Hope in the Detours of Life" is available for purchase on Amazon.com.

Popular Posts