NO DOUBT ABOUT IT: The Queen of Soul holds court with the Pope

buzzz worthy. . .

A week after Pope Francis visited the U.S. the Vatican was forced to clarify an alleged controversial meeting the Catholic father had with anti-gay marriage, renegade Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis.  There is no question or controversy around the Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin holding court with the pontiff. Not only did Franklin perform in his presence at the Festival of Families in Philadelphia, but also she spoke briefly one-on-one with him and presented a very special gift to him.  Franklin released a statement today detailing her personal encounter with His Holiness:

 
 Detroit -- “It was a true and so special honor to meet Pope Francis,” said Aretha Franklin. “We shook hands and I gave him a gift of 25 volumes of sermons by my father, Theologian Rev. C.L. Franklin. He asked me to pray for him as he did others during his time in America. I curtsied and His Holiness left the room for the Festival of Families event. His interpreter and secret service were there. Significant time had passed before I was introduced to sing. I had no idea he was sitting right behind me so that I could acknowledge him.  Again, it was a true honor.”

Popular Posts