Dance Mom's Abby Lee Miller fired over racism


(The Slice): The Lifetime Television Network has severed ties with Dance Moms star Abbey Lee Miller over allegations of racism. Miller's new show, the Virtual Dance Off has been cancelled and she will no longer be affiliated with Dance Moms. On Thursday, Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller issued an apology after being accused of racist behavior the previous day by Adriana Smith, the mom of dancer Kamryn Smith from season 8 of the show. "To Kamryn, Adriana and anyone else I have hurt, I am truly sorry," tweeted Miller. "I realize that racism can not only come from hate, but also form ignorance.,"she continued.

It started when Miller posted a black square on social media in protest of the death of George Floyd. Smith called her out for her past racist behavior commenting with the word "NOPE" in bold read letters on Instagram.

She recounted several racial incidents she has experienced with Miller including one in which Miller stereotyped Smith as a Black woman from "the hood."

'I know you grew up in the HOOD with only a box of 8 crayons, but I grew up in the Country Club with a box of 64 - don't be stupid," Smith wrote. "This to me shows that you think you are better than me and in higher rank and all together superior to ME! This to me shows that you don't give a f--- about me or where I came from."

The angry mom also alleged Miller said her daughter was only on the show as a token.

The dance instructor is known for a blunt and rude demeanor. She was off air previously while serving a one-year jail sentence for fraud and was later diagnosed with cancer. She still had a job due to the enormous popularity of the Dance Moms, which birthed several spin offs over the years.

Other moms from the show echoed the complaint about Miller's racist ways.

Popular Posts