Kelly Price mourns the loss of her mother


R&B Diva and Sunday Best judge Kelly Price announced  that her mother Claudia Price-North passed away over the weekend.  

It is with so many unexplainable emotions that I must make the acknowledgement that Sunday, October 18, 2020 my mother, Claudia Price-North took her last breath and said goodbye to the world. This is something I wasn't prepared for, none of us were and I don't know that anyone under any circumstances ever could be. Respectfully I ask for the sake of her husband, her sister, my sister and myself along with the rest of the family that we be given time to process this loss privately. We know that Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal. We need healing right now, so please keep my family in your prayers.” – Kelly Price

Although Price is from the New Jersey area, her mother served as an evangelist in South Carolina.  The unexpected passing is apparently heart breaking from Price's statement above and the followoing Instagram post:

Price further commented that 2020 has dealt her some hard blows. Leaning on her faith during this most difficult time she wrote (using a heart emoji), "Even with my  [broken heart] I know my life and my times are in His hands. I trust God!"   

In the midst of mourning afresh, she is putting on a brave face.

She declared that 2020 will not destroy her, ending  with a well known quote from  her late friend and vocal mentor Whitney Houston, "I was not built to break." 

POWEFUL EXPRESSION OF FAITH FROM KELLY PRICE WHILE MOURNING THE LOSS OF HER MOTHER

2020 will not destroy me
- 2020 will not take away my faith or my joy
- 2020 will be my year of overcoming some of the biggest blows the enemy sent!
- They formed but they will not prosper! Neither will they destroy my life.
- Even with my 💔 I know my life and my times are in His hands. I trust God!
- I was not built to break!!!!!

XOXO~KP 

Kelly Price's own song, "Healing" seems to be most fitting in this moment.  Listen below.

Popular Posts