Skip to main content

Ne-Yo stands up to cancel culture over pro-heterosexual comments



Ne-Yo , 43 does not agree that children should select their sex. In an interview on a VLAD-TV podcast he commented that we are living in strange times when 12 year olds can determine their sexual identity. "I feel like parents have forgotten how to be a parent," he said. He received backlash for his stance and issued a Twitter statement apologizing that was apparently crafted by his publicist. The statement read: "After much reflection, I'd like to express my deepest apologies to anyone that I may have hurt with my comments on parenting and gender identity," he added: "I've always been an advocate for love and inclusivity in the LGBTQI+ community, so I understand how my comments could've been interpreted as insensitive and offensive."
But on Monday he released a video in which he remained firm on his personal convictions.
"I need y'all to hear this from the horse's mouth, not the publicist's computer," Ne-Yo said. "First and foremost, I did not apologize for having an opinion on this matter. I am a 43-year-old heterosexual man raising five boys and two girls, OK? That's my reality. If my opinion offended somebody, yeah, sure, I apologize for you being offended because that wasn't my intention. My intention is never to offend anybody."
"However, I will never be OK with allowing a child to make a decision that is detrimental to their life," Ne-Yo said. "I will never be OK with that. I definitely plan to educate myself a little bit more on this matter. However, I doubt there's any book anywhere or any opinion that somebody's going to tell me that's going make me OK with letting a child make a decision like that."
Ne-yo made it clear that he is not anti-LGBTQ and concluded by telling fans to voice their own opinions.
The topic is particularly sensitive as access to gender-affirming care is difficult for some transgender youth.
Isn't eveyone entitled to their opinion?

Popular posts from this blog

NEWLYWEDS: Bishop Marvin Winans weds after 30 years

  By Mona Austin One of the most eligible bacherlors in Christianity has tied the knot - Marvin Winans remarries After being single for almost 30 years, legendary gospel singer and Bishop Marvin L. Winans, Sr. has wed his long time girlfriend Deneen R. Carter. Carter is a 57-year-old physical therapist and minister at Perfecting Church in Detroit, founded by Winans. Little is known about the bride publicly. The gospel legend introduced the now Mrs. Winans as his fiance to the congregants of Perfecting in October of 2021. The couple had been in a relationship for 15 years. Pastor Winans was previously married to fellow gospel singer Vicki Winans (with whom he has two sons) for 16 years before they divorced in 1995. Held at the Colony Club in Detroit, MI, on April 22, the wedding was officiated by fellow COGIC Bishop Darrell Hines. "Let their lives be full of joy as they live according to your word," he prayed. If we are judging by floral count, this could be one of th...

Alabama Pastor Shot and Killed in Domestic Incident

Pastor Da’Quarius Green , a 31-year-old leader of Elba Zion Missionary Baptist Church in Alabama, was shot on Dec. 23, 2025 and died several days later in the hospital after a domestic dispute at his home in Level Plains . Authorities have described the shooting as a “domestic incident” involving his wife,  𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐲. Local news station WTVY reported "c ourt records show that Green was arrested on misdemeanor domestic violence charges 3 times in Houston County last year, with each of those cases dismissed. Also in 2024, a woman filed a protection order against Green in Houston County in which she believed him to be a danger," but did not confirm Mrs. Massey as the suspect.    Various reports indicate the couple's children were present when he was shot in the head.   In one instance, a woman who shared children with Green alleged that he repeatedly struck her , including once when she was pregnant. The sitution appears to be shaping int...

Christian Rapper and Wife Reconcile, Renew Vows

Da' T.R.U.T.H. Celebrates Eighth Wedding Anniversary With Vow Renewal & Issues Public Statement Acclaimed Christian Hip Hop Artist Da’ T.R.U.T.H. renewed his wedding vows with beautiful wife Nicole Lambert earlier this week on Tuesday, June 15th—their eighth wedding anniversary. This special event punctuated the completion of their official restoration plan—marking the page of a new beginning and giving testimony to the redeeming power of reconciliation. Additionally, today, he has released a public letter to his family and supporters on his website www.datruth.net. The private ceremony, held in their backyard and attended by family and close friends, was officiated by Bishop Gilbert and Mrs. Debi Coleman—the marriage counseling team leading the Lambert’s restoration process. Also in attendance were Alvin Love & CeCe Winans (pictured in the insert), who have been walking intimately with the couple as supporting counselors and mentors. Da’ T.R.U.T.H.’s long-time frie...