Ne-Yo stands up to cancel culture over pro-heterosexual comments



Ne-Yo , 43 does not agree that children should select their sex. In an interview on a VLAD-TV podcast he commented that we are living in strange times when 12 year olds can determine their sexual identity. "I feel like parents have forgotten how to be a parent," he said. He received backlash for his stance and issued a Twitter statement apologizing that was apparently crafted by his publicist. The statement read: "After much reflection, I'd like to express my deepest apologies to anyone that I may have hurt with my comments on parenting and gender identity," he added: "I've always been an advocate for love and inclusivity in the LGBTQI+ community, so I understand how my comments could've been interpreted as insensitive and offensive."
But on Monday he released a video in which he remained firm on his personal convictions.
"I need y'all to hear this from the horse's mouth, not the publicist's computer," Ne-Yo said. "First and foremost, I did not apologize for having an opinion on this matter. I am a 43-year-old heterosexual man raising five boys and two girls, OK? That's my reality. If my opinion offended somebody, yeah, sure, I apologize for you being offended because that wasn't my intention. My intention is never to offend anybody."
"However, I will never be OK with allowing a child to make a decision that is detrimental to their life," Ne-Yo said. "I will never be OK with that. I definitely plan to educate myself a little bit more on this matter. However, I doubt there's any book anywhere or any opinion that somebody's going to tell me that's going make me OK with letting a child make a decision like that."
Ne-yo made it clear that he is not anti-LGBTQ and concluded by telling fans to voice their own opinions.
The topic is particularly sensitive as access to gender-affirming care is difficult for some transgender youth.
Isn't eveyone entitled to their opinion?

Popular Posts