Carmelo Anthony retires


Basketball star Carmelo Anthony announced his retirement on social media Monday after 19 years in the league. The 38-year--old was the 9th highest scorer in NFL history. "I remember the days when I had nothing. Just a ball and a court and a dream..." He said at the beginning of a farewell video he tweeted.
Once that dream came true Anthony landed a total 28,289 points in his career. He as not in the league this year but had last played with the Lakers in 2022. Brooklyn born, he began his career with the New York Nick's before joining Denver in 2003.
There has been more to his life than basketball he said and hopes his legacy lives on through his son Kiyan who is a promising high school player.
"People ask what I believe my legacy is," Anthony said. "It's not my feats on the court that come to mind, all the awards or praise. Because my story has always been more than basketball. My legacy, my son ... I will forever continue through you. The time has come for you to carry this torch."
Anthony will finish his paying obligations internationally this year before leaving the court for good. He called his departure "bittersweet "

Popular Posts