Still: A poem of love of loss by Mona Austin

"Still"

By Mona Austin

YOU:

still getting it wrong time after time
still joking at my expense
still draining my peace
still choosing something or someone else instead of me
still over-stepping my boundaries
still treating me like an option not a priority
still assuming instead of listening
still lacking affection
still playing clueless
still repeating my shortcomings
still being presently absent
still self-serving
still wasting my time and yours
still exhausting my spirit
still overshadowing harmony with discord

ME:

still waiting to be accepted and respected
still expressing the same desires and getting misunderstood
still longing for a meaningful connection
still building my resistance in protest to the mental anguish
still giving it another chance
still fighting the stale feeling of rejection
still growing in spite of the neglect
still wondering if you would come to the rescue if I needed you
still disguising my pain
still maintaining self-respect
still wanting protection
still hoping, praying for a breakthrough
still becoming
still unbroken in the midst of the imbalance
Still here at the moment, but I will not always be still.

Popular Posts