Deitrick Haddon Confronts Isaac Carree About Alleged Affair

buzzz worthy. . .

Mona Austin

In a Facebook message posted on January 20, Deitrick Haddon told Isaac Carree to "man up" over an alleged affair he had with Damita Haddon, Deitrick's now ex-wife.

In August of 2011 a credible source informed me that the couple had quietly divorced after 15 years of marraige.  Although many industry people were aware of the split, it was news to fans as Mr. Haddon decided to go public via a series of Tweets last August. After vague references to his not being man enough to maintain his marriage and sketchy references to the career demands tearing them apart he said he and Damita both were fine and had moved on.

Apparently, he spoke too soon.  Haddon is not ready to leave well enough alone.  Little by little the plot of this scandalous narrative is thickening. . .

At the end of December last year Haddon posted photos of Destin Monet Haddon, his love shild and her 24-year-old mother on Instagram.  In previous posts, he had ommitted  reference to a new relationship with the young lady who is now his fiance and becoming a father,  leading some to conclude he'd had an extra-marital affair. He said his fiance kept him from commiting suicide twice and they got involved after his divorce.

Exclaimed Haddon about how becoming a father has helped him:

"… I can say 2012 was the most challenging year @ the same time the greatest year of my life because in the midst of all the darkness & depression that seemed to have no end God sent an angel to give me hope in the form of my baby girl.. YEs she was born out of wedlock which is absolutely wrong for a man in my shoes….but i must say that If it wasn’t for that child & her mother the negative headlines about Deitrick Haddon would have been more devastating than anything!!!' 

Deitrick and Damita never had children.


On January 20, Haddon returned to social media to divulge more specifics about why he and Damita split in response to fan backlash about his divorce, alleging his ex had an affair with fellow gospel singer Isaac Caree. 

'By the end of the post of several paragraphs long he confronts Carree: "I appreciate your new song ‘Clean this house”, you know I’ve always been a fan of yours since day one & I’ve never done anything to hurt you but you left one sin out of your song that would have set the record straight & solidified my healing process & that is adultery! I hate to see you walk in deception when it’s unnecessary. Yes I have forgiven you but I want to see you be the true man that God is calling for all us to be.

Haddon's post has since been removed.

However, the "In the Middle of It" singer has responded. Although Caree's statement neither directly confirms nor denies Haddon's claims, it is clear that something is awry.

Here's what Carree had to say:

“It has been brought to my attention that Deitrick Haddon recently made some very hurtful statements about me. I, as well as my wife, are both shocked and confused by Deitrick’s actions. It saddens me that he would seek to engage in mudslinging with me, especially because he and I have spoken openly and honestly about this, even long before his allegations. While I have no desire to drag these personal conversations into a public forum, he and I both know what the truth is. Still, I pray God’s best for him and his family. This weighs heavily on me, but I am grateful for the opportunity to speak from my heart. This will be the only statement that I will make regarding this situation.”

Ironically, the Stellar award winning song "In the Middle of It" was co-written and produced by Gerald Haddon, Detrick's older brother.

Damita Haddon has not addressed the issue publicly.



Popular Posts