BRANDUCATION: A sour reputation

buzzz worthy. . .

In the mood for a snack, I grabbed a bag marked "Sour Cream & Onion" chips from the cupboard. Once I pulled out a chip it looked different than I'd expected.  It was a light golden color with dark speckles throughout instead of the hints of green onion spread randomly on the surface that I was accustomed to seeing.  Taking a closer look, I discovered the chip in my hand was a tortilla chip.  The contents of the package did not match the label.  The entire bag was filled with tortilla chips.


Have you ever made an investment in a product or person that did not deliver? They told you one thing, but did another? Isn't it downright deceptive, yet we encounter faulty products and people everyday. In this instance, that fact that I did not take a bite out of the chip in my hand prevented frustration. The greatest take away I learned  from this experience that can help ensure we get what we pay for in life:

Don't "sink your teeth" into a project or  a role that you are not prepared to take on.  Don't promise to deliver when you are not equipped. That is a surprise we can all live without.

Popular Posts