BREAKING NEWS: Bishop Eddie Long Will Not Resign, Will Fight Sexual Coercion Charges

CLICK LINK TO VIEW LIVE STREAM OF NEW BIRTH CHURCH SERVICE: http://cdn.streamingfaith.com/nbviewer/

By Mona Austin
The Georgia mega church pastor accused of luring young male members for sex spoke to his congregants for the first time Sunday morning.  During the 8 a.m. service at New Life Cathedral, Bishop Long, who some suspected would resign said he would fight the charges and indicated he would remain their leader: "I'll be back next week." Using the same formula as other tarnished public figures, Long walked onto the stage with his first lady by his side while the church welcomed him chanting, "We love you Bishop."

Long  told his members he  first and foremost had a responsibility to his family and them, but would be remiss if he did not address "the world."

"I've been accused, I'm under attack. I want you to know, as I said earlier, that I am not a perfect man, but this thing, I'm going to fight."

Before exiting the platform after the 20-minute address, although he did not deny the charges directly, Long left the cheering crowd with assurance that he has a strong defense, ". . .I want you to know one other thing. I feel like David against Goliath, but I've got five rocks and I haven't thrown one yet."

Long will speak in a 10:00 a.m. press conference and at the church's 11:00 a.m. service. Come back to The Slice for updates on this developing story.  These events are streaming live on http://www.wsbtv.com/index.html and www.newbirth.org

Popular Posts