Skip to main content

Jonathan Butler opens up on forthcoming CD, 'Free' (Due to be released on October 30)

buzzz worthy. . .

Three years in the making, Grammy ® nominated recording artist Jonathan Butler is set to release his highly-anticipated new gospel CD, Free, on October 30, 2015 through Rendezvous Music and distributed by Provident Distribution and Sony Red Distribution. The smooth jazz artist first catapulted onto the Gospel music scene with the Grammy-nominated hit “Falling In Love With Jesus,” and Butler once again impresses with his emotional testimony on Free, reflecting his life the past few years.

“I’ve been through a fire and all kinds of challenges. It’s been a crazy three or four years,” Butler said. “So this album is a testimony of God’s goodness. With the timing of all these things happening to me and in the midst of all of that, writing a record was pretty heavy. I was going through quite a lot personally and I wanted to make that statement very clear on this album that I’m in a new season in my life.”

Butler’s new season spawned the album Free with 11 rousing tracks, including the single “Be Encouraged,” the title-track “Free,” the joyful and celebratory tune “You Are The One,” the tender ballad “Where Would I Be,” and the worship anthem “I Am That I Am” to name a few. The album was produced by Luther “Mano” Hanes who also co-wrote “Where Would I Be” and “Never Find A Better Love.” Butler’s performance heard on the album was recorded in one take.
“It was just Mano and I in the studio,” Butler shared. “He was in the control room and I was in the vocal booth. I was on my knees in the vocal booth and I remember sobbing like a child before God. It was like God just showed up. I sang it once and he said, ‘Hey man I don’t think we need to do another vocal take. This is it.'”

Butler has sold more than 1.8 million albums worldwide including Gospel albums Brand New Day and Grace and Mercy and continues touring the globe maintaining a comprehensive concert schedule. In addition, he currently leads worship at the Dream Center in Los Angeles and at El Paso’s Destiny Family Christian Center.

“It’s a new chapter now,” said Butler. “God has taken me to a whole other level, a whole other place in my life. All the songs on the album have really moved me because I’ve been living all of what this album is saying.”

Popular posts from this blog

Alabama Pastor Shot and Killed in Domestic Incident

Pastor Da’Quarius Green , a 31-year-old leader of Elba Zion Missionary Baptist Church in Alabama, was shot on Dec. 23, 2025 and died several days later in the hospital after a domestic dispute at his home in Level Plains . Authorities have described the shooting as a “domestic incident” involving his wife,  𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐲. Local news station WTVY reported "c ourt records show that Green was arrested on misdemeanor domestic violence charges 3 times in Houston County last year, with each of those cases dismissed. Also in 2024, a woman filed a protection order against Green in Houston County in which she believed him to be a danger," but did not confirm Mrs. Massey as the suspect.    Various reports indicate the couple's children were present when he was shot in the head.   In one instance, a woman who shared children with Green alleged that he repeatedly struck her , including once when she was pregnant. The sitution appears to be shaping int...

Christian Rapper and Wife Reconcile, Renew Vows

Da' T.R.U.T.H. Celebrates Eighth Wedding Anniversary With Vow Renewal & Issues Public Statement Acclaimed Christian Hip Hop Artist Da’ T.R.U.T.H. renewed his wedding vows with beautiful wife Nicole Lambert earlier this week on Tuesday, June 15th—their eighth wedding anniversary. This special event punctuated the completion of their official restoration plan—marking the page of a new beginning and giving testimony to the redeeming power of reconciliation. Additionally, today, he has released a public letter to his family and supporters on his website www.datruth.net. The private ceremony, held in their backyard and attended by family and close friends, was officiated by Bishop Gilbert and Mrs. Debi Coleman—the marriage counseling team leading the Lambert’s restoration process. Also in attendance were Alvin Love & CeCe Winans (pictured in the insert), who have been walking intimately with the couple as supporting counselors and mentors. Da’ T.R.U.T.H.’s long-time frie...

U.S. Murder Offenders by Race: 2023 FBI Data

  Data on murders (homicides) committed by race in the United States primarily comes from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, which relies on reports from law enforcement agencies. The most recent detailed breakdown available is for 2023, but due to the FBI's transition to a new reporting system (NIBRS), not all agencies submitted complete data—only about 70-80% of the population was covered, so totals are undercounts. These figures represent known offenders (where race was identified), not arrests or convictions, and include single-offender and multi-offender incidents. In 2023, there were approximately 15,708 known murder offenders with identified race. Here's the breakdown: Race Number of Offenders Percentage of Known Offenders Rate per 100,000 Population White 8,842 56.3% 3.51 Black or African American 6,405 40.8% 14.00 Other (American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander) 461 2.9% 1.31 Notes on the...